Sunday 14 April 2013

Top Fancy Dress Tip: A Cautionary Tale


 
A sword, a shield and a red feather duster. It could have been so beautiful.


My dear reader,

Please allow me to share this tale with you of what could have been a potentially damaging experience...

When your child is invited to a Gladiator party please be mindful of the facts, i.e. exactly what kind of Gladiator.

I, being the highbrow intellectual type, and keen to rise to any fancy dress challenge, assumed one particular recent party in question was themed as the Roman Gladiator type: hence fancy dress would be required.
Imagine my horror/relief when I discovered 1 day before that it was a party themed as the tv wolf/ulrika/giant cotton bud game show version, whereby the kids would be only playing Gladiator type games.

And no fancy dress.

I may be highbrow but I really should learn to read invitations thoroughly: it could quite easily have ended up the same way as comedy tv duo Del and Rodney, arriving at a wake dressed as Batman & Robin.

And Clever Norris could have been harmed for life...

Yours idiotically,

Clever Doris

No comments:

Post a Comment