Tuesday 9 April 2013

Hello. My Name Is Clever Doris And It's Been A Week Since My Last Post

 
 
Hurrah - the knives have wives!
 
...Yeah sorry about that, but Clever Doris has been away visiting the craft mecca of the north: Scarborough. A few days spent eating fried food, visiting joke shops and metal detecting on t'beach. Sadly we didn't unearth a Roman Hoard, only 8 rusty nails and a big metal lumpy thing of Victorian origin no doubt.
 
Anyway not one to let the grass grow under mine or indeed Mr Doris's feet I had a little project in mind for us to embark upon on our return from the coast. We know how to live...
 
Remember my little dilemma-ette regarding what I should make with the pewter knife shaped drawer pulls? Well the answer came to me very soon after in the form of the fork shaped drawer pulls shown above. I revisited my favourite little 'smelly shop' the following day and there they were, all eager for me to rehome them.
A handy little key rack for the kitchen awaits methinks ...



Mr Doris does like a manly project. On this occasion this was the best I could offer. At least it gave him chance to use his power tools. Top tip - Measure Twice, Cut Once (believe me even the Doris's have fallen foul of not adhering to this rule).


 
A circular saw always makes me wince (I have actually used this myself).
 
 
 
...although maybe never again!
 


 
Anyway after Mr D. cut the wood for the mount (an offcut of oak flooring), he chiselled and planed the edges. In a manly way of course.
 
 
 
Marking up for the holes which will attach the knives and forks.
 

 
Big drilling tool.
 
 
 
The big tool...
 
 
 
The finished item. Please note that no limbs were actually harmed in the making of this project!
 
A special thanks to Mr Doris for his assistance.
I shall reward him tonight: I'll iron him a work shirt.
 
 

3 comments:

  1. thankyou, I'm pleased you approve!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving the amputated digits...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh its not so bad, just a flesh wound! And I've got others...

      Delete