Tuesday 2 July 2013

Something To Do While Watching Glastonbury...

 
A narcissistic word score of 17.
 

...at home on the tv. Again.
And I'd vowed the previous Glastonbury would be the last one I watched via the medium of the telly box. Whilst ironing. On a Friday night: Rock and, indeed, Roll.
I recall Bono swaggering around sporting unfeasibly unsuitable, slightly obscene-and-should-know-better-for-a-man-of-his-age leather trouserage. This year of course we had the vision of Mick Jagger strutting up and downstage in a pair of lady-jeggings  (jaggings) and orthopaedic trainers.
Us Clevers did try (boy did we try) to purchase tickets at the very moment the lines opened last year. 3 of us, like 3 Rick Wakemans with multiple keyboards, all eager and poised with 2 laptops, 3 mobile phones and 2 landlines on speed dial. You should have heard the cries of "Nooooooo!*#*#!!" (and other expletives besides) when the lines shut down after all tickets sold out. I think I was ironing then as well with my phone wedged between ear and neck.
Although I bet Rick Wakeman couldn't iron and (not) order tickets at the same time.

Anyway this year, ticketless and at home, I resigned myself to watching the festival on tv again. So instead of ironing I opted for a spot of light nonsense and, some may say, pointless crafting.


 
Clever Doris has been wombling again - only 1 of your English pounds. And it was a complete set.
 
 
 
Quick wash and dry.
 
 
 
Little magnets (purchased from Ebay), a blob of glue, and an overnight set...
 
 
 
...and tah dah! - you can make rude words on the fridge: very important for the education of a young Clever.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment