Wednesday 5 June 2013

A Little Bag For A Lady's Unmentionables

 
Another birthday gift for a friend: the perfect place to store said friend's 'unmentionables'. As modelled by my helpful companion Clever Dolly.
 
 
Clever Doris has been wombling again...another £1 embroidered linen tablecloth, found amongst a pile of festering net curtains, crispy handkerchiefs and odd baby socks. After the previous heavyweight chair reupholstering project (Clever Doris's Fine Upholstered Seat) I needed to create something which was quick, non-toxic and not too taxing on the old brain or indeed hands. After all I do have a beauty regime to maintain you know (yeah right).
 
 
 
Ingredients: linen embroidered tablecloth, cotton sheet remnant (for the lining), 1" wide purple bias binding, piping cord, pink cotton ribbon for drawstring.
I followed the washbag project instructions from Cath Kidstons 'Sew' book. The overall shape is basically a rectangle with radial corners.
 
 
 
Purple piping to pick out the purple in the embroidery.
And I don't mind quietly reiterating that I Am The Queen Of The Bias (even if I say so myself...)
 
 
 
And in case there isn't enough colour already - drawstring made from pink cotton tape (hulking great reel of the stuff previously found for 50p; a prime example of using things you find to drive your creativity, hence the basic human right for every crafter to possess a Craft Cupboard).
 
 

1 comment: