Friday 17 May 2013

Big Blousey Doris - Sewing...Again

 
Found this fabric lurking in the back of the Craft Cupboard - always loved it but never quite knew what to make from it, until now - another blouse, the pattern of which I shamelessly copied off my Biba blouse (I'm actually in the process of making version#3: I think I need to stop now). 
Is wearing a dragonfly print blouse one crazy step away from wearing a fleece jacket with wolves on it?
 
 
The Queen of Bias Binding?
 
 
 
And because making one garment in a week isn't enough, I ran up this lined linen shift dress.

 
Excuse the screen clash
 
 
My legacy: around 48,000 yards of this lining (+5billion zips in crazy random colours which I can never find use for and therefore annoyingly still have to buy a new one prior to each sewing project) handed down to me by my mother who used to sell such things on the markets decades ago. A good boil wash removed the smell of 1971.
 
 

2 comments:

  1. Love love LOVE the dragonfly blouse!
    I'm attempting making something from a pattern for the first time. If I'm weeping in the school yard, pity me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't panic - it's only a bit of cloth after all... Can always help and advise if need be.

    ReplyDelete